Monday, May 14, 2012

What a day

I am so unsure anymore it all started friday night...We went out with some friends and I was talking to this guy that I have known forever anyways we were talking about kids marriage just life in general this b-day thing is really kicking my ass this year. anyways his wife is always going somewhere without him or their boys. She takes "girl" trips to vegas, oregan ect. and I made the comment that I envy her for getting to do that. shit I barely go to the movies with my girl friends cause for some reason it just doesnt feel right to me. and he said why dont you take time for yourself then he asked me who are you. I looked at him for a moment and said I dont know. since I was 17 years old I have been a wife to someone and a mother. thats who I am. He said you need to find yourself because someday your children will be grown and your husband is not a guarantee either. So all weekend I just keep thinking to myself...Who am I. sad thing is I dont know and I dont know how to find myself. It kinda reminded me of the movie run away bride with the egg scene except I dont even know where to start looking. It seems odd to me also that in just a few weeks I will be 35 and really I am a nobody. When do people find themselves how did I miss this what I am now thinking is a very important part of life and how is this goin g to effect me in the future? Is this one reason why I am never happy longer than a few hours? I really should just stop thinking about what he said and put it behind me but I cant. Sorry for my psycho babble it is just really bothering, and maybe I am also bothered because my husband now has never let me feel ok with having a me moment. He does things. He goes hunting, drinking with his buddies I mean really anything he wants to do he does it. why do i feel not ok when I even think about it? I am so lost.

3 comments:

  1. You must have your own identity separate from a wife and mom. Life is too mundane and too hard to not do anything to break it up once in a while. If your husband has a problem with you getting out and having some fun once in a while that's BS. You don't feel okay when you think about doing it because your husband has got you believing that it's not. Which works out mighty fine for him so he can run off and do whatever and knows you are there holding down the fort. For your Birthday PLEASE do something for you. Even if it's just a manicure alone or a movie date with friends. Do something for you because you deserve it. Insist on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kids yet so I am not sure. I mean I do believe in going out with friends but to leave away on trips. Sorry that is not something I would do. I would want to share that moment with my husband not my best friends. That is just me.

    I would say to get to know who you are again go on outings by yourself. Like go shopping or spend some time a lot thinking. I know that thinking part sounds crazy but when I think I tend to remember who I am now and how far I have come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate.. way too well.. After the breakup with my Dutch ex - I really lost me.. And then right after I met my husband - things went really fast.. the move to Sweden really left me lonely.. And some times I wonder - who am I...

    Some days I am so sure.. I feel like I know just what I want.. Other days I am soo lost..

    Being a wife and a mum for almost half your life is a part of you.. But try to find some stuff that are just for you.. a haircut.. a manicure.. or a trip to your fav coffee shop.. Something that is only for you..

    You are amazing - and you do really deserve the best.

    <3

    ReplyDelete