Thursday, May 2, 2013

WOW I suck at being a parent

This is long and I am having a pity party at the moment do not feel you have to read. 

So let me give you some insight about my life right now but first we need to go back about 9 years...
As I have wrote I have twins they were my last children and it has been ruff. When my son was 9 months old he was in his walked on the porch on afternoon. His sister woke up from her name and so I told my oldest son who was 9 at the time to walk the baby I would be right back. In 5 seconds I heard an awful scream came running out and my baby was laying upside down in his walked. He had falling off our 6 inch porch. The next day he was just crying and cry and I thought his head looked a bit swollen so I took him to the hospital. He had a skull fracture from the fall. The pressure on his brain was not denting inwards so no surgery was require and the neurosurgeon said he should be fine. My son has always been the complete opposite of his twin sister. Where she is mellow he is hyper. Where she is quiet he is loud, impulsive and does not think things though. He has always sought out attention in any way he could get it where positive or negative. He has by far been my hardest child. I have spanked him way more than any other child of mine and maybe even been a bit more ruff on him, but he just pushes you to that point ALL THE TIME!! Intelligent wise he is super smart though maybe even too smart and knows how to play people. He is on medication and has been diagnosed with ADHD, depression  and low self esteem . The school has been very patient which is a great help. Recently he has decided that running away is his new thrill it has escalated to the point that we have to get our local law enforcement involved because he his getting farther away from where he is suppose to be. So Tuesday he ran from school. Wednesday I had to meet with tons of people and they gave me two choices, I could either voluntarily admit my son to a mental health behavioral hospital in our state or child services how come in remove him from our home and send him there anyways. I opted to do it voluntarily this was I still have custody of him. His dad is very mad at me now. He does not think that people or maybe just our family can have mental issues. He believes a kick in the ass would solve my sons problems. But we have tried that approach along with a million others nothing is working so it is just something we have to face. I will be taking to this hospital Saturday it is an 8 hr drive and have a feeling I will have to go by myself. I can not believe my 9 year old son has to be sent away. what the fuck is my problem as a parent??/ Why the fuck would god allow me to have children that I was just going to fuck up. I am so mad at myself and if I had know that all of these mental issues my son has to endure these last years was or even could have been I would have been doing everything I could to fix this before we could get to this point. The sad thing is either he really whats to go away or just does not get it cause he is happy about it. We told him that this would happen if he kept it up and it has happened. I hope and pray that he gets the help he needs and that he wants to come home soon. My heart hurts and my faith in god is low due to all the bull shit my family and children seem to always face. So now I am at 3 children that will have been sent away from my home. And I still think I need to help others with their problems Good God I live in such a fantasy huh

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to read this Linny
    I hope you're son gets the help he needs
    Maybe because they have caught it so young that is a good thing?
    Don't blame yourself
    These things are out of our control
    You are doing your best and that's all you can do

    Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't blame yourself; I see perfectly capable parents all the time whose children need to be hospitalized. It's not your fault!

    As for your question that you posted on my blog:
    I think that personal experiences can play a great part in a career in mental health. Of course, you can never tell your clients about your personal issues. But I also think that you really need to get your shit together before going into any mental health field. You won't be able to help other people until you can help yourself. Sure, you can fake it for a while. But you want your clients to get the best care possible, and it is impossible to give them that when you can't care for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey.. I'm so sorry.. I know I would be heartbroken if I was in your place..

    But really.. Don't blame your self.. You are doing the best you can! We can not dictate our childerens future even if we wanted to.

    I just hope he gets the helps he needs - and please Linny, try your best not to blame your self <3

    ReplyDelete