Friday, May 24, 2013

Dont Let the day define you, YOU define the day!!!

That is my new motto, I am sure I have heard it somewhere not taking credit for making it up, but do love it. Say it to myself often. So in the spirt of my new motto I will tell you how my life has gone so far....
Picked up my son last Saturday it has been great having him back, he is not "fixed" by any means but we all have a different approach we are taking with him and so far so good. He sees his counseler this morning and hope they make a bond that will help him though this dark time and find light where it is much needed!

Oh did I tell you I bought one of those heart monitor, calorie counting watches? I freaking love this thing lol. it took a few days to get the hang of but if it is correct I am kickin ass on burning cals lol. I think it helped me find some much needed motivation also. The next session of boot camp starts next week she has been posting work outs for us though so we can stay active and did my own this morning. I am trying to stay positive even though all I want is instant gradification and to look like Milla Jovouich hahahah.

So yesterday in honor of my new motto (ok I will stop with the motto thing lol) I did something completely out of character. I sent two seeking employment letters to some youth homes near where I live. We dont have any in my county closest ones are 70 miles away. I have my fingers crossed that I get something positive back. I have been in school now for 2 years and HATE my job, well not so much my job just the douche bags I work for. I am setting up a CRP and first aid class soon I think this will help and just praying I get some type of response I really want to start working with children and their parents. I have been on both sides of the fence in my life and just want to make a difference. I am still on the road to eventually become a counselor at our local office, but know this is far out. Just want to get some experience under my belt and do something with the 20 thousand dollar it has cost me so far lol.

Headed into a 3 day weekend have tons of stuff I want to get done and all involves being active so hopfully the weather is good! It always rains on Memorial weekend where I live but today is looking pretty good!

Off to read all you lovely ladies blogs have a great weekend!!! Stay positive!

3 comments:

  1. Loving your new motto Linny :) And its so great to see that you are in a better mood :)

    I am going to keep all my fingers crossed and hope that you get a great job out of the letters you sent! GL with the boot camp and enjoy the HRM, it really is an amazing piece of gadget hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job hunt. That is a huge start just putting yourself out there. I love my HRM! I can't work out without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you'd share more regularly. I enjoy your posts.
    xxx
    http://www.emmaobarnett.com

    ReplyDelete