Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 of 2013

Well my year is starting off with a bang. My grandma had surgery on her elbow the friday before christmas. It got staph infection in it. our hospital was trying to get it under control but they couldnt so they shipped her to another hospital out of town. This is great for her but bad for my grandpa. Like I said before he is just not the same since his car accident and some times I wonder where he went. It is so hard to see him like this. The man that I have looked up to. taught me to ride a bike, work hard drive and walked me down the isle is now reverting back to a two year old all from a freakin bump on the head. Come on it is bad enough my real dad was taken from me at 2 now the only man I have ever loved is mentally leaving me too??? I realize that he is 75 and this day was coming and soon I will not have him at all but seeing him leave us like this is just heart breaking.Since my grandma has been gone my aunt and I have been pulling double time checking on him. This morning I just wanted to cry. I walked in and he was just sitting on the couch. No oxygen on with we continual bitch at him about. he had every light and TV on. I went to his room to get his oxygen and could here a funny noise he had the heater turned up to 80 and my grandmas hair dryer full blast laying on the floor??? What is going though his mind? god I wish I could help him he looks so lost and alone where ever he is. We have also learned from his home health care nurse that some of his meds are not suppose to be mixed with other meds that he has been given yep we are getting that figured out right damn fast. my aunt is taking him in today. I will be taking him up to see my grandma tomorrow I hope that helps both of them.

Ok so now that I am done whining about things I can not change lets move on to my weight another thing I can not change lol. The salon I go to is having another beginning of the year weight loss challenge. I will go weigh in on my lunch break this year I will work much much harder than I did last year. I am also getting this juice stuff from bolthouse and that will be most of my calorie intake for the next 12 weeks. I will let you know what I weighed and I think I am going to take my 2013 measurements tomorrow, hubby has been home since the first of the year so I have not had time to do it. Hope things are going well with all of you. nice to see some of you are back loved reading update post. Take care and lots of love all.

3 comments:

  1. That's so very sad Linny
    It's so difficult watching the ones we love get older
    My parents are in their sixties now and it's only recently that I saw how old my mother now looks
    I dread the coming years and seeing them decline
    I just don't want to deal with it

    Your granpa sounds like a great man
    Remember he is still in there

    Take care of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the health issues going on with your loved ones. It's gotta be hard. I try my best not to think about my parents aging. Good luck with the weight loss challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about all the hardships your family is going through. I will be praying for you my dear. I hope your Christmas and New Years went well. And good luck on your 2013 challenge.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete